Our Calvary Baptist Church family has prayerfully decided to engage in a Capital Campaign for the purpose of providing the financial resources that will be needed for our congregation to continue to be the church that God is calling us to be. The theme for this campaign is “Above and Beyond” which is taken from Ephesians 3:20 : “Now to Him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us.”
As we “look above” for God’s guidance, we believe that we are being challenged to “move beyond” our regular giving in order to provide a strong financial foundation which will not only enable us to continue effective present ministries but which will also make it possible for Calvary to carry out future ministry and mission endeavors that God has in store for our church.
Specifically, through our “Above and Beyond” campaign, we aim to raise $2 million “above and beyond” our regular “tithes and offerings” in order to:
· Pay off the remaining debt on the Mission Lexington Building so that medical, dental, and social work missions can continue to grow and thrive;
· Replace the nearly 60 year old heating and cooling system in our sanctuary building including our Youth Ministry area;
· Improve the worship experience in the sanctuary through a new sound system, new lighting, new audio/visual capabilities (including hearing assistance), improved handicap accessibility, and new flooring;
· Enhance the worship in the fellowship hall through upgrades to the sound, lights, and audio-visual equipment;
· Utilize any additional funds to pay of the remaining debt on the Recreational Outreach Center.
Between now and May 1st (which is Commitment Sunday), everyone in our Calvary Church family will be encouraged to prayerfully consider what type of confidential commitment God is leading us to make toward the “Above and Beyond” campaign. Over the new four Sundays, our Sunday School lessons and worship services will encourage and challenge us to be good stewards of the resources that the Lord has entrusted to us. Our newsletters and other mailings will focus on “Above and Beyond.” There will be a time during the May 1st worship service when confidential commitments to our “Above and Beyond” campaign will be received.
For now, let me encourage you to plan to be present for Sunday School and worship over the next four Sundays. Reflect upon the ways that our church has blessed your life and the lives of others. Consider the opportunities that Calvary has to share the love of Christ with our community and our world. Ask God to provide you with His guidance as you give prayerful thought to your participation in our “Above and Beyond” campaign.
I look forward to seeing you this Sunday as we begin to be an “Above and Beyond” church.